Career paths that begin with a dental assisting program in Willoughby Hills
Are you looking for a rewarding career with high employment rates and virtually unlimited opportunities for growth? Do you want to spend your days not just earning a paycheck but also helping people? If so, then it might be time to consider our dental assisting program in Willoughby Hills.
Where do you want to go from here?
If dental assistant is your career goal, then you will be ready to go in just three short months. We’ll even help you develop a outstanding resume and prepare for interviews. In fact, over 60 percent of our graduates have successfully found employment. However, that doesn’t mean you are locked into one role.
Dental assistant training can be a great starting point for a number of exciting and lucrative career paths in the dental industry. These include:
- Dental assistant with radiology certification – Only dental assistants with state certification in Radiology are legally allowed to perform x-rays. Radiology training and examination are included in our comprehensive course (required fees to the state are separate, and not included in the price of the course).
- Certified dental assistant – When you complete our program, you will have a certificate of training. After a full year of working as a dental assistant, you will be eligible to take the DANB national test to earn the designation of Certified Dental Assistant.
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant – This is the next step in career advancement for many of our graduates. After assistant training, a year’s employment, and DANB certification, you will be eligible to pursue EDFA (Expanded Function Dental Assistant) state certification.
- Dental Hygienist – Although dental assistant training is not a required prerequisite for a hygienist program, it can be immensely helpful. Trained dental assistants often find it easier to be accepted into a quality hygienist program. Additionally, an employment background in dentistry is immensely helpful for the newly trained hygienist when seeking employment.
- Non-clinical dental careers – Dental office managers, supply sales representatives, consultants, and similar positions might not have legal licensure or training requirements. However, the vast majority of employers are looking for someone with a deep understanding of the dental field, which assistant training and work experience can provide.
Get started today
Our dental assistant training program takes just three months, with convenient hours that easily fit around your existing schedule. At just a fraction of the cost of most vocational training, over three-quarters of our students complete the program with no loan debt. Give us a call at (877) 458-4717 for more information.
Back to Dental Assisting Program Page